Thursday 7 August 2014

***REVIEW*** The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


 






Okay? Okay.

So I have just realised that I read The Fault In Our Stars a little while back and haven't even reviewed it! It was a good couple of month go when I read it so bear with me if the review is a little all over the place lol! 

I read this book a while after reading This Star Won't Go Out, a diary book by Esther Earl and notes from her friends and family (find my review for that one here http://lovebooksblogbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/review-this-star-will-not-go-out-by.html). John Green met her, and The Fault In Our Stars is the book he later wrote and dedicated to Esther. A lot of people think he based the story of TFIOS on Esther, but he didn't.

So I fell in love with this books after reading it. I think it took me 2 days to devour TFIOS, I just couldn't put it down! MY initial thought after reading it though, was 'Screw you John Green, screw you!' He ruined my day by making my eyes hurt from crying, and my brain hurt from sadness/happiness/anger all rolled into one feeling. I did read it only a few weeks after losing my uncle to Cancer, so maybe it wasn't  good idea, I don 't know. 

Anyhow, this book is brilliant. We meet hazel and her terminal diagnosis of cancer. We then meet Gus (Augustus), when Hazel meets him at Cancer Support group. I could feel the instant connection between these guys, and their friendship is amazing. I am giving no spoilers away whatsoever. Please please read this book if you haven't already. It is one great story!!!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!