Wednesday 29 January 2014

You like Alphas? Come check out Jorja Lovett talking about Alpha's Claim Anthology!

Alpha's Claim Anthology
Blurb:
Strength. Power. Domination. 
The shifters in our Alpha's Claim anthology have one thing in common—they won't take “no” for an answer. Whether they lead packs of their own, or whether they walk a solitary path, these alphas won't let anyone stop them from claiming their women.
Lose yourself in these ten sinfully delicious love stories. After all, who could deny an Alpha?


I can't resist Evernight Publishing's anthologies. Especially when they put out a call for yummy Alpha shifters. My story in the anthology is Extinction. Here's a little snippet…

Extinction
"You have nothing to be ashamed of." The look Lucas shot her pinged Holly's nipples into points against the flimsy fabric of her nightwear.
"You saw me naked?" Regardless of whether his tale was true or not, she hated that there was a possibility he had seen her at her most vulnerable.
"I think that makes us even, don't you?" He clutched the pillow closer to his groin. She'd have to remember to put the cover in the wash tomorrow.
"So, you've seen me in the nip, and I've seen you. It's been fun, but could you please fuck off now? It's been a long day." She wanted to crawl back into bed and pretend the past twenty-four hours had never happened.
"I didn't realize losing my father's funding would cause you such hardship. I'm sorry I upset you. That wasn't my intention." He had seen her tears after all. Bugger. That put her on the back foot.
"What did you think was going to happen? That we would put the flags out and celebrate our independence? As much as I detest saying it, we rely on your contribution to fund the project here." She had to set her weapon down so she could wipe away some more stupid tears.
"I'm still trying to get over the loss of my father. I guess I was trying to make it easier on myself by cutting a lot of ties to him. Listen, do you have something I can wear? It's impossible to have a serious conversation when I'm standing here with my balls in my hand." He peered at her from under lowered lids, sounding strangely vulnerable.
Maybe he wasn't such a cold hearted bastard after all. She knew she would go completely doolally if anything happened to her parents. That still didn't make it any more appropriate for him to be stark bollock naked in her bedroom. The sooner he covered up his six-pack and that happy trail of hair dipping from his navel, the quicker she could resume hating him. She grabbed her robe from behind the bedroom door and threw it at him.
"Thanks." He dropped the pillow to catch it in both hands.
Fuck a duck! Holly tried to avert her eyes, but she could still see his junk swinging about in
her peripheral vision as he dressed. "I think I'll go put the kettle on."


Author Bio:
Jorja Lovett is a British author with both Irish and Scottish roots, which makes for a very dry sense of humour. Writing since she was old enough to wield a pen, it wasn't until she joined her crit group, UCW, that she pursued her passion seriously.
Now, with Joe Manganiello as her permanent muse, if she can leave the pause button on her Magic Mike dvd long enough, she hopes to spend the rest of her days writing steamy romances.

Author Links: Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Website

1 comment:

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!