Wednesday 14 August 2013

A-Z book survery :D

 Well hey there!


I decided to join in with a fab A-Z book survey courtesy of Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner (click here to go to the original survey on her blog). Here's my survey answers (hope you enjoy them)! Why don't you do it too!

 

Author You've Read The Most Books From  

That would be +Doris O'connor  :D I have read loads of her books, and plan to read all the others soon in a challenge. I love her books, and she's a pretty amazing lady too!

 

Best Sequel Ever 

Masks of a Tiger by Doris O'Connor. I fell in love with a character from the first 2 books in the Club Ink series (Riding Her Tiger and Tiger Scars), so I was so excited to find out that book 3 was all about Grisha ;D  

 

Currently Reading  

Scars by +Kiru Taye 

 

 Drink of Choice While Reading 

A cold glass of Pepsi Max for me! Or if it's a cold day, I'd like a lovely cup of tea with 3 sweetners :D

 

E-reader or physical book? 

While I've always said I prefer 'real' books, I'm leaning more and more towards my Kindle now. I don't know why, it just seems easier I think. In the last few months I've only read 1 physical book!

 

 Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School

You know, I keep thinking about this and I think my answer would be Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I just think he was so sweet that I would have really liked him :)

 

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance  

Definately The help by Kathryn Stockett. I didn't think I'd be too into it at first, but it has turned out to be one of my favourites! It also spurred me on to read Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg and The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, as I was told they were in the same genre. I have fallen in lvoe with all 3 of these books,a nd recommend them to everyone!!

 

 Hidden Gem Book 

It has to be The Spare Room by Helen Garner. I know I only gave it 4/5 stars on Goodreads, but I think this is a hidden Gem as I found it in a cheap bucket in a book store for only 24p! I really enjoyed it too, and if I hadn't of found it there, I know I wouldn't have read it.

 

Important Moment in Your Reading Life  

Starting my blog and meeting some amazing authors. Without meeting those people my blog wouldn't be where it is, and there would be hundreds of books out there I would never have read yet!!

 

 Just Finished 

I don't know if I can say lol. I just finished reading a book from one of my author friends (+Megan D. Martin ), it hasn't even been sent to the publishers yet! It is amazing though and I know the publishers are just going to grab it!

 

Kinds of Books You Won't Read 

To be honest, apart from some taboo subject books, there isn't much I won't read. I'll pick up anything if it takes my fancy!

 

Longest Book You've Read 

 

Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer, 703 pages! I didn't realise it was that long!

 

Major Book Hangover 

The Road by cormac McCarthy. Couldn't get it out of my head for days after finishing it!

 

Number of Bookcases You Own  

2, tall ones, and they are full and overcrowded! I'm actually trying to get rid of some of my books too to make some space.

 

 One Book You Have Read Multiple Times 

Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King has been re-read loads. I just love it. It was the first of Mr Kings books I read and really fell in love with it.

 

Preferred Place to Read 

On the sofa. I hate reading in bed as i get too sleepy. And I don't have baths (just showers, trust me I do wash lol!), so I don't read there either.

 

Quote That Inspires You

'It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that' :Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

I have this tattooed across my leg :D 

 

  

Reading Regret 

Probably the fact that I haven't yet read the Lord of The Rings books. Or the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett.

 

 Series You Started and Need to Finish

The Harry potter books. I've read the first 2, and WILL eventually get round to the others lol! I'm a huge fan of the movies, so I knwo i'll love the books just as much. I do ahve the box set of books so they are just sitting there waiting for me to pick up!

 

 Three of Your All Time Favorite Books 

The Green mile by Stephen King

House Rules by Jodi Picoult

 Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg

 

Unapologetic Fangirl For

Twilight!! I know I know, but I loved those books! I'm not afraid to admit it lol! Didn't like the movies though.

 

 Very Excited for This Release 

I can't tell you!!!!! Lets just say someone I know, has pulled me in on a big secret of a book I am actually so excited to be released! More details nearer the time I'm sure!!

 

Worst Bookish Habit

I suppose this one counts, I hve to have my bookmark so you can't see it sticking out baove or below the book. OH thinks I'm wierd.

 

  X Marks the Spot:  Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book  

The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson

 

 Your Latest Book Purchase

Riding Shotgun by  +Donald Symms (AKA DD Symms) 

 

ZZZ-Snatcher Book (last one that kept you up way too late) 

See I don't read in bed, but when I was reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, I kept saying 'I'll go to bed in 10 more minutes', 'Just gonna finish this chapter' lol!

2 comments:

  1. Fab List. You are such a book addict and I'm glad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!