Monday 13 May 2013

*** REVIEW *** Zombies Anonymous by Shyla Colt

Zombies Anonymous by Shyla Colt

Hi, my name is Cezelia, and I’m a Zombie.

Laid low by an addiction to black magic, the ex-zombie once enslaved by a Hoodoo Priestess turns to Zombies Anonymous for help. The second she lays eyes on the tall, pale Traditional, her body comes back to life. After years of feeling nothing, she’s alive and insatiable. Can this inspiring man help her kick the habit for good?

Bitten more years ago than he cares to remember, Martine must keep a tight rein on his urges, his life reduced to a strict diet in order to do so.  Then Cezelia walks into the place he considers his sanctuary and reminds him he’s still very much a man. The passion between them could burn down a forest, and the hardest part about figuring out why is keeping their hands to themselves
long enough to do it.
 
I was recommended this from a friend, and I'm glad I picked it up. A nice short free read about 2 Zombies who fall hard for each other, at a Zombies Anonymous meeting. The automatic connection between Zelia and Martine was fantastic. I did gag a little thinking about 2 zombies, getting it on, rotten flesh and all. But I don't think these 2 characters were supposed to look like those Zombies in The Walking Dead! So it was all good :)
 
Nice little read, if you haven't read it already, you should! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!