Saturday 20 April 2013

*** Review *** Hot Redemption by KD Penn

Epic and his brothers don’t rob strip clubs for fun or fame, but to use the electric currency to take care of their family. With androids and robots flooding the job market, it’s almost impossible for humans to find work. Besides, stealing comes easy to the gang, until Phoenix steps into their lives, snatching away their bounty and fogging up Epic’s mind with her seductive scent.

Shots blare. A chase ensues. Both sides refuse to yield. And the small compromise that comes is brought by chains and a promise for a bigger hit—on a planet far away from earth.

Can Epic and Phoenix work together to rescue themselves from poverty?

Or will they find another type of redemption, one lathered in lust and warmth, pleasure, and the type of undemanding love that no human can live without?


I received this book from the Authors in return for an honest review. It's actually a beta copy as the book is not out yet :) I was extremely happy to say yes. And boy am I glad I did!

I really wasn't sure about this as I'm not a great fan of supernatural/ futuristic novels, but this has totally changed my mind. I think I have fallen in love too :D Epic the main character is bloody well fantastic, and sounds damn well sexy too. I love love love him! He totally drew me into the story, and oh how I wish he'd throw me over the front of his hovercraft scooter ;)

The story concentrates on Epic and Nix, and Epics family. Epic and his brothers pull off heists in strip clubs, and are planning thir biggest heist yet. When they pull in Nix along the way (she's a dancer at a strip club), things go from business to more, as their relationship bobs up and down, and all over the place.

Epic is an amazing thing, he has artificial eyes which allow him ot do all sorts of stuff like take snapshot pictures of things and store them, and even use his eyes as lights! In my head, Epic is fan-freakin-tastic, and I totally fell for him, big time. He is the whole reason I was so into this story.

Nix is a lady who knows what she wants, and will stop at nothing until she gets it! I like this type of woman. She's feisty, and sexy.

And those sex scenes were fantastic. I've already mentioned the hover craft business, but there are plenty of other scenes in there that are enough to drive you crazy! A totally hot read :)

I don't want to give any spoilers away (you really need to read this book!), but lets just say things are a bit crazy during their big heist.

An amazing book from KD Penn (Kenya Wright, D.T Dyllin) I think these 2 women have done great with this story, and I hope you all graba a copy too :)

Oh, and a couple of final words... Penal beading! :O *shudders*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!