Sunday 14 April 2013

*** REVIEW *** Crossing Life Lines by Rachel Dove

CAUTION! POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Ever woken up and thought about what might have been, or what still could? Cady Stokes is 29, and suddenly thrust into a new life, one she never expected, but was the old life really good for her? Georgina Elliott is steadfastly single, career minded to the end, till she meets Ben on a work assignment. Richard is dealing with a major life change too; can he make amends for his past? Once some life lines are crossed, they cannot be undone...and would you want to if you could? This is Rachel Dove's debut novel, dealing with life, love, loss and all the moments inbetween.

I recieved this book from Rachel in return for an honest review on my blog :) Of course, you know me, I accepted!

I actually rather enjoyed this story. A lovely little romance story I would say. I liked the character of Cady, and the first scene in where she shouts at her mother-in-law whilst at her husbands wake, was the moment I realised I really liked her :) There were funny parts (Richards spirit throwing things around the room), sad parts (Richard finally finding the peace he needed), and romantic parts (Cady and Luke :D). 


Richard, hmmm, well what can you think really about a man killed while leavnig his wife for someone else? Well at first I didn't like himn one bit! But as the story moves on, and towards the end, I did feel sorry for him, and kind of liked him a bit.

The other characters were ok. Georgina was nice, a kind person and a good friend. And come the end I was very happy for her. Luke was a sweetheart, and I'm glad he found what he was looking for. The painting was touching. Ben was an ass-hole! That is all :)
 


There were 2 minor characters I liked, and could read more about them, Magda and Gerty. I could picture these 2 so vividly, and would love to hear more about them.

All in all this was a pretty good story, and considering it was a debut novel from Rachel, yes I'd definately read another of hers :) And I hear she has another coming out soon anyway so I'm looking forward to that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!