Wednesday 3 October 2012

Fifty shades of Mel and Barry by Mel Dutton



I read this yesterday in the space of about 20 minutes.

I think I only bought this as it had been in our local newspaper a couple of times as she's from my neck of the woods.

I wish I hadn't of bothered. What a pile of tosh!

I'll give her one thing, she does say at the start of the book that she isn't a writer and knows that the book will not be well written. She was right, it wasn't well written at all.

The newspapers made it out to be like 'Fifty shades', which it wasn't.

To be honest, it was just a short story, with little comments about her 'chav' life (I know it was orignally called 'Fifty Shades of Chav', that should have given me a clue lol), and how her 'Barry' was a shoplifter, serial cheater and an all around stupid dude.

There had been comments that this was going to be a rather raunchy book, again like 'Fifty Shades', which really it wasn't. I think I can remember a few bits about stuff like that which included Mel 'flicking her bean' a couple of times, and doing something rude with a banana.

Honestly I wish I hadn't have bought it. £2 I would rather have spent on something else. The only good thing is that 5% of the sales go to Samuel's Childrens Charity, dedicated to helping children with cancer and their families.
I did give it 2*'s instead of 1* as I give her her dues for trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!