Saturday 1 September 2012

Movies of books...

Movies of books.

I've had a few conversations on this topic lately, especially on BabyCentre. Personally, I prefer the books, and usually I'm rather disappointed in the movie.

I've been trying to think of which books I've read and also seen the movie.

  • Fried Green Tomatoes (loved this movie and loved the book, can't believe I'd seen the movie so many times before reading the book!)
  • Hearts in Atlantis (was very disappointed in the movie after falling in love with the book)
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (amazing book, and was adapted to the big screen brilliantly)
  • Harry Potter 1 & 2 (I saw the movies before reading any of the books, and I have to say love both. although there are some parts of the books which aren't in the movies, which would have been good to have been included)
  • The Green Mile (my all time favorite book, and an amazing movie too, always makes me cry)
  • Twilight (now I loved, loved loved these books, and was utterly disappointed in the movie. In fact, I watched the first 2 movies, then haven't bothered with the others)
  • The Road (I saw this movie before reading the book too, and remember being in total shock after watching it. Then I read it and was left in even more shock by the book)
  • The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (this book was brilliant, very moving and very sad. I recently watched the movie, and was rather disappointed by the ending and how it was different)
  • The Color Purple (Another movie I saw before reading the book, and loved both)
  • The Witches (I saw this movie lots when I was younger, and read the book a few times too, so I#m not sure which one came first for me, but they're both good)
  • Peter Pan (OK I didn't get on so well with this book for some reason, but the movie is a Disney classic, therefore it's brilliant)
  • Alice in Wonderland (another great Disney movie, and a  book which I only read last year. Managed quite well with the book)

And to be honest, I'm realizing that I've pretty much seen either the movie or read the book, but not done both! And most of them that I have done both, I tend to have seen the movie first.

I have so many books on my to read list of which I've seen the movie:

  • The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
  • The rest of the Harry Potter series
  • The Virgin Suicides
  • The Shawshank redemption
  • The Narnia books
  • The Cider House Rules
  • Interview with a vampire
  • Schindlers List
  • Misery
  • Philip Pullmans dark Materials series

I think I need to get reading some of these!

Do you prefer the book or the movie?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!