Wednesday 29 August 2012

You're either a reader or you're not?

'You're either a reader or you're not'

Someone said this to me the other day. I agreed at the time, but its had me thinking. Do you have to be one or the other? Are non readers people who don't read at all?

I love to read, and always have a book on the go, sometimes 2. Chris (my other half) on the other hand, can pick up a book, but it will take him a long time to read it. Although I'll give him his dues, he read the first Halo book quicker than I expected : )

My sister can read quickly, but also can give up quickly. She recently borrowed Fifty Shades of Grey from me and was really into it, but hasn't picked it up again in ages. She loved the Twilight Books but gave up about 2/3 of the way into Breaking Dawn.

My Dad has read about 5 books in his life, he's definitely a non reader.

There are readers, and non readers, so what are the people in between? Part-time readers? There's no right or wrong answer, its just had me thinking :D

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dee,

    It's Fi off BC & Goodreads. Loving the blog idea :)

    This is a good question. At what point does someone become a non-reader?

    Not sure there is a clear cut answer there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fi! Thanks lol! Been fancying doing a blog for a while now.

      One little question like this has had me thinking about it for days lol!

      Delete

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!